Goals For The Wildflower Voice
Hello, my wildflowers 🌻
Welcome to The Wildflower Voice - a place where healing is nurtured, wellness is embraced, and every season of growth is honored. As a massage therapist and holistic wellness practitioner, I believe caring for your body, calming your mind, and restoring your spirit work together. Whether we are talking about self-care, natural living, massage therapy, or the lessons life teaches us, my hope is that each post leaves you feeling lighter, inspired, and empowered to bloom right where you are. Thank you for being here. Let's grow together.
This week I want to introduce myself and the goals I have for writing these posts. This is a new adventure for me, and I am both excited and nervous to head down this path. Writing is not something totally foreign to me, however, writing for the public eye is. From college papers to short stories created with or for my sisters, writing has been something I've enjoyed. I have a passion for holistic living, and my goal is to share that passion with all of you through The Wildflower Voice. My sincere hope is that my words will show each and every one of you that healing and holistic health can be achieved through daily routines, massage therapy, mindfulness practices, and small changes that have big impact.
I've been in the massage industry for two and a half years. Some days I can't believe it's been that long and other days it feels as if I've just begun this journey. In truth, both things are true. The intuition with which God blessed me with has allowed me to help the healing journey of others in ways years of experience could never master. Being a new massage therapist has been beneficial as my zeal and desire to grow and learn is not yet diminished. (And I pray it never will be!) I am truly a student at heart; the love I have for knowledge seems to be unquenchable. If I come up against an issue a client brings me that I'm not familiar with I am not afraid to admit that I am unsure. I am also willing to try different things I do know work to see if the technique is beneficial. Researching for new techniques to help a specific issue is another go to solution. I am not here to change everyone, but I intend that everyone who comes to me leaves changed.
Massage therapy has provided me with a more centered and peaceful way of living. I know the benefits of a good massage along with a healthy lifestyle can take you farther than any fad diet or pill can. Slow living is just that - slow. Change takes time. I'm not where I desire to be in every aspect of my life, but I am working to be patient with myself and take the steps to get where I hope to be. This is true whether your goal is to be more fit, a faster athlete, a more adept writer, higher in a company, in a different stage of life, or financially stable. Each baby step gets you closer to your goals. I went from teaching preschool to jumping into a trade school where I had no idea what was in store for me. I only knew that the life I was living needed to change. I left work stressed and exhausted and frustrated. Teaching wasn't the hard part, neither were the kids. It was the environment and lack of support that left me feeling like there had to be more. I couldn't maintain the direction life was taking me and be happy.
Stepping into the world of massage was beyond what I could've imagined. I walked in thinking I was just going to learn a few techniques, learn some muscles, use some oils, and walk away. Having my entire world view challenged and shifted was not on my radar; yet that's exactly what happened. From frequencies to energy work, homemade to Big Pharma, Swedish massage to Craniosacral Therapy, LED lights to the water we drink, I was in for the eye-opening-experience of a lifetime. These are the kind of things I hope to share with you throughout upcoming posts. Why shouldn't we wear sunglasses? What is actually in our drinking water? Does Energy work actually do anything? What kind of massage should I get? These will be the kinds of questions that will be answered and my goal is to break things down into bite sized portions so that holistic living and massage therapy doesn't feel so intimidating.
Keep blooming, my wildflowers 🌻
Healing isn't just about relieving tension - it's about creating space for your body, mind, and spirit to bloom.
Comments
Post a Comment